Career CoachingThe International Federation of Coaching (ICF) define a career coach as someone who partners with you in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires you to maximize your personal and professional potential. Are you frustrated, confused or stuck in your current situation? Would you like to be able to respond in a calm and considered way after assessing all your options? Are you seeking support with any of these issues?
- Finding the right job
- Finding meaning & purpose in your work
- Ready for a career change
- Recently made redundant
- New graduate, starting out
- Seeking help preparing for a competency-based interview
- ready to make the commitment to achieve.
- willing to put forth effort and do the work.
- willing to let the coach do the coaching.
- willing to “try on” new concepts or diverse ways of doing things.
- willing to change self-defeating behaviours that limit your success.
- serious about moving forward and making changes to reach your goals.
- acting of your own free will and not at the bidding of others.
- challenge you, inspire you to do your best, and will be there to support you each step of the way.
- provide you with feedback, support you when times get difficult, and will be honest and up front.
- hold you accountable. Unlike friends, co-workers, or even spouses, a career coach will tell it like it is, not letting you get off easy when it comes to stepping up to the plate. No action, no results.
- Help you reach your goals by co-creating a personalized plan tailored specifically to your needs.
- Provide you with the help, support, and direction you need to achieve the goal(s) you have in mind, reaching them sooner than later when attempting to do it all on your own.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for you when making career decisions.
- Assist you in determining what steps to take and strategies to use.
- Co-create a customized plan that will keep you on track to accomplish what you set yourself out to do.
Teen CoachingTeen coaching is a journey, one that teenagers take on their quest for achieving their goals and dreams. As a registered Paediatric nurse & life coach, I will help them take that journey. I will guide them through the learnings they need to keep moving forward, stay on track and achieve success and happiness. In teen coaching, they learn to understand themselves and establish good relationships with themselves and with others. Virginia Satir, American author & family therapist sums up what it’s like to be a teenager; “Adolescents are not monsters, they are just people trying to learn how to make it among the adults in the world, who are probably not so sure themselves.”
Pain ManagementPain management coaching places the power and strength of healing in the client’s hands. However, many chronic pain sufferers become trapped in the ‘cure me’ mentality. Enabling a person to move forward from this passive mode requires focused attention and this is often more time than our medical and ancillary services can provide. While healthcare providers tend to be directive in their approach at times, the coaching approach is more empowering. This is sometimes described as ‘the missing link’ between pain management and moving forward. This ongoing support and motivation to facilitate change will improve the client’s long-term relationship with their pain.
As a coach, I support and guide clients through a process of discovery, lifestyle adjustments, and goal setting strategies that educate, empower and gives you accountability as you design your own bespoke pain management routine. Clients will become familiar with the benefits of tapping in to your own capabilities and strengths Coaching is all about travelling on the client’s journey with them from being a ‘helpless victim of pain,’ to ‘being their own pain manager.’ Clients who develop personal confidence in their ability to manage pain are well on the way to healthy and productive lives and a return to rewarding activities.
Chronic IllnessLiving with chronic pain or illness can be very taxing emotionally and mentally on top of the physical pain you’re already dealing with. Coaching in conjunction with your conventional medical treatment can help to control the pain and the emotions that come along with it. Feeling like you’ll never return to your pre-illness self, feeling sorry for yourself, or grieving for who you were before your illness can all cause mental suffering that in turn may increase your physical pain. Working with a coach can help you control your thoughts and behaviour to find a measure of relief.
Mental HealthThe application of life-coaching principles to mental- health and wellbeing is most effective. As your coach I use skilful communication to support you to make life changes through working towards your personal goals. I believe that each client has the knowledge and capacity required to make the desired changes, and that my role is not to come up with solution but to support each client to find their own way and tap into their existing strengths and abilities. For many clients who experience mental health challenges, stigma can be a major obstacle even though many people who experience mental health problems recover fully. Coaching is not therapy or counselling. It is mostly forward-looking to create the environment for learning, self-awareness and self-improvement.
Physical challengesLife coaching will help you set, reach and exceed personal / professional goals. As your life coach, I will empower you throughout the work that we do together. During the process you will look at specific areas of your life and together you will discover what your challenges and barriers might be and how to overcome these. Ultimately as your coach I will work alongside you by focusing on specific tasks, leading to your desired goals. Coaching helps you to discover your potential, so you can achieve the life that you want.
As your coach I help and empower your choice to make, meet and exceed personal and professional goals. This could include:
- excelling in the workplace;
- becoming happy and fulfilled at home;
- exploring who you are;
- and achieving ambitions.